Abrasive Wheels – Coming soon
The HSE States “Nearly half of all accidents involving abrasive wheels are due to an unsafe system of work or operator error”.
When working with abrasive wheels it is important to follow strict health and safety practices to protect yourself and others from accidents.
This course will provide the information to help you operate abrasive wheels safely.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what an Abrasive Wheel is and define the different types
- Understand the Legislation and guidance applicable to abrasive wheels
- Identify common hazards associated with abrasive wheels
- Understand selecting and handling abrasive wheels including:
- Labelling on an abrasive wheel
- Operating speeds
- Specification marks
- Restrictions on use
- Mounting a wheel, both new and used
- Handling and storage
- Take safe and appropriate action in the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Identify the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
Who is this course suitable for:
Any staff who work with abrasive wheels.
Learners normally complete the training and assessment within 60 -75 minutes.
Our Abrasive Wheel training course contains 8 fully interactive training sections for the learner to work through at their own pace. The 8th section is a Abrasive Wheel assessment to show understanding.
Each learner needs an individual e-mail. Courses can be taken on Desktop, Tablet or Mobile.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will receive an email with their certificate