Introduction to Health and Safety
All workers are entitled to work in environments where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Under health and safety law, the primary responsibility for this is down to employers. Employers have a duty to consult with their employees, or their representatives, on health and safety matters*.
Health and Safety Training allows employees to identify and deal with common risks. This course aims to give individuals the knowledge they need to work safely and understand their responsibilities.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Learn about Health and safety standards and legislation in the workplace.
- Understand common risks.
- Be aware of legal requirements for both employee and employers.
- Be able to spot potential accidents and report them.
- Understand the basics of risk assessment.
- know how to communicate Health and Safety concerns and asking for help.
- Be aware of First Aid in the workplace.
- Learn about Hazards and controls: manual handling and Display Screen Equipment (DSE), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Understand Fire Safety.
- Be able to spot problems in their working environment.
- Recognise Workplace Stress.
- Understand their responsibilities when working alone.
Who is this course suitable for:
This course will provide information to both employers and employees in an office based environment, on the key principles of workplace health and safety and how to apply those principles in the workplace in accordance with the legislation.
Courses are available for both UK & Irish legislation.
Learners normally complete the training and assessment within 60 minutes.
Our Introduction to Health and Safety (H&S) training course contains 9 fully interactive training sections for the learner to work through at their own pace. The 8th section is a Introduction to H&S assessment to show understanding.
Each learner needs an individual e-mail. Courses can be taken on Desktop, Tablet or Mobile*.
*Subject matter should be considered.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will receive an email with their certificate.