The HSE States “Nearly half of all accidents involving abrasive wheels are due to an unsafe system of work or operator error”.
When working with abrasive wheels it is important to follow strict health and safety practices to protect yourself and others from accidents.
This course will provide the information to help you operate abrasive wheels safely.
This Abrasive wheels course aims to highlight the risks of working with abrasive wheels and how to implement controls to reduce them.
This course aims to provide you with the theoretical knowledge required in a general setting. There is no substitute for thorough practical training in all aspects of the mounting and use of abrasive wheels.
A novice operator will require further guidance.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what an Abrasive Wheel is and define the different types
- Understand the Legislation and guidance applicable to abrasive wheels
- Puwer (UK)
- Understanding Abrasive Wheels
- Identify common hazards associated with abrasive wheels
- Speed and the components of abrasive wheels
- Common Hazards assoicated with abrasive wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Safety
- Including understanding the selection and handling abrasive wheels including:
- Labelling on an abrasive wheel
- Operating speeds
- Specification marks
- Handling and storage
- Take safe and appropriate action in the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Identify the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
Who is this course suitable for:
Any staff who work with abrasive wheels.
Learners normally complete the training and assessment within 60 -75 minutes.
Our Abrasive Wheel training course contains 7 fully interactive training sections for the learner to work through at their own pace. The 7th section is a Abrasive Wheel assessment to show understanding.
Each learner needs an individual e-mail. Courses can be taken on Desktop, Tablet or Mobile.
Courses available for both UK and Irish regulations.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will receive an email with their certificate