Today all employers have a legal duty of care to their employees. This means they should take all steps possible to protect their mental wellbeing and provide support when needed. This included preparing managers with mental health awareness training to ensure managers are aware of mental issues in the workplace.
Promoting mental health at work is important both among management and your staff. Bluezone has created a simple e-learning course that can be issued to all employers, managers, and supervisors to help support people, promote mental health in the workplace, and encourage a healthy, tolerant working environment for all.
This course encourages all employees to be aware of their own mental health as well as those they work with, it includes steps they can take for self care and how to create a working environment that will help reduce a stigma of mental health.
By the end of this course learners will understand:
- Awareness of employee mental health
- What is mental Health?
- Good Mental Health
- Improving and Maintaining your mental wellbeing?
- The impact of mental ill health at work
Mental Health Conditions
- What is a Mental Condition?
- Contributing Factors (Biopsychosocial model)
- Overview and Common signs of mental conditions
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating Disorders
- Panic Attacks
Looking after your Mental Health
- Self Care & Mental wellbeing
- Techniques for self-care
- Support resources
- Helping an employer or manager
Mental Health at work
- Mental Health, the law and work
- If work makes my mental health condition worse
- Workplace Stress
- Dealing with Stress at work
- Assessing the risk of stress
- Causes of stress in the workplace
- Workplace relations
- Discrimination and Bullying in the workplace
- Talking about mental health at work and getting support
- Supporting a colleague
- Returning to work
Mental Health, the Law and Work
- Mental Health at work and Employer Requirements
- Duty of Care
- Reasonable Adjustments
- The Management Standards
- Thriving at Work & Core Standards
- The Disability Discrimination Act (DAA) (NI), The Equality Act (GB) Employment Equality Acts (ROI) *Select Appropriate Course for your region
- Risk Assessment
- Why the law is important
Supporting Mental Health in the workplace
- Talking about Mental health in the workplace
- Recognising a problem
- Having the conversation
- Promoting a healthy workplace
- Help & Support for an Employee
Who is this course suitable for:
This course is for all employers, managers, and supervisors to help support people, promote mental health in the workplace, and encourage a healthy, tolerant working environment for all.
Learners normally complete the training and assessment within 60 minutes.
Our Mental Health Awareness & Wellbeing in the Workplace training course contains 7 fully interactive training sections including video for the learner to work through at their own pace. The 7th section contains a number of questions to show understanding.
Each learner needs an individual e-mail and an consistent internet connection. Courses can be taken on Desktop, Tablet or Mobile.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will receive an email with their certificate.
Bluezone offers quick and easy customisation of the course and content to make it more bespoke to your organisation including specific advise or guidelines or your mental health policy.
The information contained in this course is general advice and does not replace the help and support of the medical profession. Further training such as Mental Health First Aid may be something else you wish to consider for key members of staff.